Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cricut Discontinued? I hope not...

I've been looking for information about the Cricut original being discontinued (according to a salesperson in Michaels) and so far what I've found out is:

- ProvoCraft states that they are not discontinuing the Cricut original. See their FAQs:

Q: Are you discontinuing the first model of the Cricut?

A: Rest assured that the first model is not being discontinued. Cricut Expression is the next extension to the Cricut Electronic Cutting System and does not replace the original Cricut Cutter. In fact, many users will find the need for both depending on the type of projects they will do.


- Michales has been pushing the Cricut Complete bundle instead. So I guess they may be discontinuing the single machine + one cartridge.

I'll post additional information when I find it.